Outcomes, both tangible and intangible, from the WiSWB-Indaba will be:
- A database of the participants mapping capabilities, assets, challenges, strengths, opportunities with the purpose of facilitating formation of STEM consortiums/ networks to enable responding to funding calls for proposals that need a wide variety of trans-disciplinary scientists (such as the Horizon 2020 calls) to address common goals.
- A conference report containing delegate details, sponsorship details and summary of the complete conference.
- A compilation of peer-reviewed abstracts presented at the conference.
- Discussion papers corresponding to the panel discussions to consolidate and document the ideas and issues deliberated on, and which shall be submitted to an appropriate journal for publication.
- Opportunity to submit full papers corresponding peer-reviewed talks to the peer-reviewed South African Journal of Science.
- Opportunity for the sponsors to engage with delegates to improve industry-research partnerships.